From: "Ma Be" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "U.S. Metric Association" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, 2001-12-13 11:02
Subject: [USMA:16626] Extra, extra... Great news!...

> I've just learned that several countries in South America have strongly
positioned themselves against the future ALCA (FTAA) due to the very
protectionist content of America's recently approved "fast track" piece of
legislation.

> Brazil, in particular, has even passed a motion yesterday afternoon in
urgency character to require our government to stop any future negotiations
for the implementation of ALCA.  All our President and key ministers,
specially Mr. Pratini from Agriculture, already made strong statements
affirming that, as it now stands, ALCA is DEAD, period!!!

> These are great news indeed!  I salute this development immensely as I'm
dead against this hideous unilateral FT agreement that would only benefit
the rich and powerful!  Alas!...  Death to ifp!...  :-(