2002-05-12

One thing we missed when bringing up the bible and measurements.  There is
one passage in there, somewhere in the old Testament, where God commands the
Israelites to have an honest set of weights and measures.  If I remember
correctly, the examples given were those in use in by the Israelites at that
time.  But, I doubt it really matters what system is used, as long as it is
honest.

Any "system" that has variations in it, as FFU certainly does, can not be
considered honest.  Any system that is in a state of confusion by its very
nature can not be considered honest.  If one wants to argue from the Bible,
I'm sure we can find many passages that can be used to condemn FFU and none
really to condemn SI.

I'm sure Cousteau used FFU in his films because they were sponsored and pay
for by American interests.  For sure he was told to.  And it is for that
reason he used English and not French.  I'm sure if Cousteau had a real
choice, he would have used metric.  And maybe the same for Maparama.
Maparama may use a European server and may present itself as European, but
it may be American in disguise.  A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Things aren't always as they seem.

John