20223 had no virus, nor could it have as it's a plain text message with no
attachments.

I've received that same message two or three times -- the first time at
least 24 hours before you sent 20223.

Someone's been harvesting email addresses, then sending out a virus message
using the harvested addresses as spoofed sender addresses. Because more than
one of us has received that warning message (which appears to be genuine),
it looks as if the virus propagation program has compromised the security of
the University of Colorado list server.

Note that I've sent Don Hillger a direct copy of this message to alert him
to the possible problem

Bill Potts, CMS
Roseville, CA
http://metric1.org [SI Navigator]