>From today's Epolitix bulletin. (I presume folks in the UK by their
stash by the kilo. But what's the mass of a "standard" joint, I wonder?)

Ezra

Blunkett eases up on grass

                             David Blunkett has downgraded cannabis to a
class C drug, sparking a row in the Commons
                             and across Fleet Street.

                             He rejected claims that the government was
sending out the message that drug use is OK.

                             "There will be an increased focus on Class
A drugs. The message is clear. Drugs are
                             dangerous," he said.

                             The announcement brings a mixed response
from the press - with the Mail and Sun
                             describing it as a gamble.

                             Keith Hellawell yesterday resigned as the
government's drugs adviser in protest at the
                             move.

                             The FT is unsurprised by Hellawell's move -
suggesting he had already been forced to
                             vacate his post in all but name.