You can add smaller states New Hampshire and Maine to the SI list.

  Howard Ressel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That's news to me. The two largest States in the nation are still 100% metric, and to my knowledge, have no intention of switching back (California and NY).

Howard Ressel
Metric Manager, NYSDOT Region 4

>>> "Bob Price" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>07/12/02 08:11PM >>>
I was wondering about the status of metrics and highway construction. In
Yahoo's Metric America site someone mentioned that the FWHA is now requiring
all states to go back to US Imperial units in road construction. Is this
true? If not, are there any states still using metric in road construction?
I have been off the list server for quite awhile, so I have not been in the
loop as to what is going on lately here.

Any insights into how the Bush administration is treating the metric system?
Is he just ignoring it? I haven't found too much metric news lately.

John

Do You Yahoo!?