I get out my car here in Texas, walk towards the grocery store window,
and beam with satisfaction at those wondeful posters screaming the
special price of ONE LITER of soda or water (no WOMBAT conversion in
those sales posters). How thoroughly the American public has embraced
that unit, which came up and offered it a hug more than 25 years ago!
The words "ONE LITER" are shown in the largest fonts the container
bears--the WOMBAT units are the fine print. The soda industry has gone
on to offer 3-liter containers.

So, why can't we have metric milk? Why no 3-liter jug of moo juice?
Anybody seen any SI skim in America? Don't the dairy barons want to seel
215 mL of additional product per container?

A couple of years ago, someone on this list said (s)he had seen a
3-liter milk jug for sale, and I've been lookng, but no joy yet.

--
Paul Trusten, R.Ph.
3609 Caldera Blvd., Apt. 122

"There are two cardinal sins,