Finally a topic worth discussing!  Thank you so much, Terry, for such very opportune
post of yours.

Dear European friends, this is YOUR opportunity to be heard!  And hear is what I think
of it.

First of all, there should be a *LEGAL* deterrent developed to PREVENT the use of
"weird" sizes, like 227, 28, 29, 454... (you get the picture), simply because:

1) These are crappy imperial sizes in disguise.
2) Such absurd sizes can only confuse consumers
3) Such stupid values are obviously totally irrational for package sizing in a metric
world
4) These values are significant natural deterrents to per unit calculations.

I'd *STRONGLY* support proposals that would mirror German legislation on this, i.e.
that sizes be free but ONLY within the confines of *rational* final values (and what
would constitute "rational" is evidently a matter of mathematics, pure and simple!).
To my knowledge the German proposal is *extremely* efficient in addressing this aspect.

Marcus