Saw part of a PBS show called "Hemisphere South" on our local affiliate
KCSM. Couldn't find any more info about it either on their web site or
the main PBS web site (and I didn't watch the whole thing so I missed
the closing credits to see who produced it). The topic was the history
of the inhabitants of Easter Island.

The story is pretty interesting in and of itself (and the cruelty of the
European imperalists -- what else is new?). What caught my ear while
looking at the show was that ALL of the distances were given in SI only.
I was intrigued because the narrator had an American accent, so I
assumed the show was not produced by the British (who might have used
"miles" anyway since the distances I heard in the narration involved
"kilometers"). A very pleasant surprise. Sorry I don't have any follow
up information to add.

Ezra