Wouldn't explosive force be in terms of an energy yield -- GJ or TJ -- and
an expression of the energy yield per second -- GJ/s or TJ/s?

Of course, in practice, we know the baseline standard is in tons (FFU) or
metric tons (or tonnes) of TNT.

Bill Potts, CMS
Roseville, CA
http://metric1.org [SI Navigator]