1. You must use the numbers on the numeric keypad. If you have a laptop, you
need to press NumLock first.

2. There is no specific Alt Gr on U.S. keyboards. However, there is a right
Alt key, which operates like the Alt Gr key if you configure for the U.S.
International keyboard (which is the way I always set things  up). (With
Windows XP, I can switch between U.S. International and U.S. English.)
Depressing right Alt and the top-row 4 key produces the generic currency
symbol (¤). (Using the left Alt key, plus the Ctrl key, plus 4 has the same
effect.) Add either Shift key to that equation and you get the British pound
sign (£).

I note that your encoding was set for Cyrillic Windows. I changed it in this
reply to Western European ISO. I avoid Windows encoding schemes out of
consideration for those who use Macintoshes. If I need to use Cyrillic, I
choose Cyrillic ISO.

Bill Potts, CMS
Roseville, CA
http://metric1.org [SI Navigator]