Hello my name is John Mercer.  my wife Doreen and I live in Langley British Columbia Canada about 60 kilometers east of Vancouver.  I am 54 years old and Doreen is 55.  We were both educated in the imperial system of measurement.  I feel the Metric system is a much better system to work with.  I am looking forward to talking with fello metric advocates. I have been totally blind since birth, Doreen is sighted.  Are there any other people on this list from Canada? It would be nice if the United States would go metric, it would help us in Canada. Thank you everybody for your time, hope to hear from some people.