By household measurement in this context, I mean just plain, old measurement.
For length, it is done with millimeters, of course.

I am still the owner of a traditional cathode ray tube television, but the
sight of an HDTV display in a store blew me away, so I am considering joining
the 21st century of video.  To get an idea of what, if anything, would fit my
entertainment center cabinet, I took out my SI tape measure and estimated 810
mm x 630 mm, so a new TV would have to fit that size opening with room to
spare.  Pat Naughtin just wrote a post re-stating the principle  of sticking to
millimeters, and I cannot concur strongly enough---no fractions!  I'm looking
forward to visiting the store again to pick out my TV and use the metric units
that are usually provided on the display, even here in the land of WOMBAT.*

Paul

*Way Of Measuring Badly in America Today (coined by yours truly in1997)

or, according to some,

Waste Of Money, Brains, And TIme