  From: Ametrica
  To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
  Sent: 31 May, 2010 11:21
  Subject: [USMA:47454] Re: Bespoke tailoring

  What better way can you think of to damage metrication by using a pro-metric
forum to utter non-metric terms?

  Why is this permitted?

  [USMA:47454] Re: Bespoke tailoring
  Stephen Humphreys
  Sun, 30 May 2010 14:37:03 -0700

Interestingly enough for distances we would not say '200' for yards and '10'
for miles but we do 'go unitless' on speed - eg 'We topped 140' - with the
colloquialism extending to 100mph being called a 'ton' (do km countries refer
to a ton like that?).  However most of our (long) distance signs are unitless.
BTW - with 'step down' measures (like 11 stone 11 as used below) time uses the
same model - ie 'it took 4 minutes 20'