When my wife and I were in la France last summer, we bought several
weight scales (kilograms only) along with metric-only tape measures and
thermometers. The scales are not digital, so no batteries are needed. We
have six left for sale on MetricPioneer.com just in case anyone is
interested.
David Pearl MetricPioneer.com
503-428-4917�
http://metricpioneer.com/shop/weight-scale

In my case, I have a digital scale. The switch on the back is set to

> “kg”,

> so when I step on it, the display is in kg.

> The last time I was at the doctor, they had new scales that could be
set

> either lb or kg, and a height measuring device that had both in and
cm

> scales. The doctors are “old school” and put your weight into
their

> computer in lb. (The computer then converts it.) So that’s how I know
my

> height. My height does not vary significantly, and the accuracy
cannot be

> determined to millimeter precision.

> I have not converted either measure in many years.

> With regard to spelling, sorry, both are right. In the USA it’s
meter,

> theater, center. In Canada and the UK it’s metre, theatre, centre.
It’s

> regionalism, NOT an error. “Milliard” is also a confusion as there is

> logical progression with million, billion, trillion, quadrillion. To
me,

> “milliard” is like saying “millimeter, centimeter, decimeter,
meter”

> rather

> than “millimeter, meter”.

> What is wrong is not using “meter” for “metre”. What IS wrong is
using

> “inch”, “foot”, “yard”, “mile”, etc., instead of “meter” or “metre”
or