Sent to FoxNews.com a moment ago.

Jim

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Math error in article
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:31:43 -0500
From: James Frysinger <j...@metricmethods.com>
To: foxnewsonl...@foxnews.com

I think you have a gross math error in your online article, "Amazing new
credit card tech is made in the USA" at
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/08/08/amazing-new-credit-card-tech-is-made-in-usa/?test=latestnews#ixzz2bPn293Yh

The article states, "Dynamics’ credit card tech is a sliver of
electronics less than 14,000ths or an inch thick:...". There is no such
fraction as "14,000ths" unless you meant 1/14,000. In that case you
should haves said, "Dynamics’ credit card tech is a sliver of
electronics less than 1/14000 of an inch thick:...". But nobody measures
things in multiples of 1/14000 of an inch!

Otherwise I believe you meant to say, "Dynamics’ credit card tech is a
sliver of electronics less than 14/1000 inch thick:..." or "Dynamics’
credit card tech is a sliver of electronics less than 14 thousandths of
an inch thick:...".

Even better, why not use the metric system, as the maker probably does?
Saying "Dynamics’ credit card tech is a sliver of electronics less than
0.36 mm thick:..." would be a lot more clear to the reader. And it would
avoid those ugly fractions that you don't seem to handle very well.

Jim