From: Kilopascal [kilopas...@cox.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:39 AM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:53147] my letter to Taylor Precision Products (sent as a
consumer)

When I go to the doctor, he doesn't weight me.  His nurse or assistant does.
She asks me what my height and weight are and when I give it to her in metres
and kilograms, she asks me again what it is in USC.  When I say I don't know,
she puts me on the scale and reads my weight and height and records that.

I'm sure the majority of doctors, if not all, in the US measure and record
patients height and weight in USC, never metric.  That is why there are dosing
errors and will continue to be.  These dosing errors are not enough to force
the doctors and nurses to measure and record in metric.  I believe Americans
would chose death and injury due to misdosing over having to use metric.
Otherwise this problem would have been corrected ages ago instead of
perpetuating.

Luckily for me I am not in need of any medications.  So I'm not a candidate for
misdosing.

[USMA:53147] my letter to Taylor Precision Products (sent as a
consumer)<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=usma@colostate.edu&q=subject:%22%5BUSMA%3A53147%5D+my+letter+to+Taylor+Precision+Products+%28sent+as+a+consumer%29%22>

Paul
Trusten<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=usma@colostate.edu&q=from:%22Paul+Trusten%22>
 Sat, 10 Aug 2013 18:31:17
-0700<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=usma@colostate.edu&q=date:20130810>

I am delighted with my purchase of your Taylor Digital Bath Scale, Model 7562!
It is an attractive addition to my bathroom, and I appreciate the LED readout
so the scale can be read in any light. However, I was disappointed to discover
that the measurement units defaulted to pounds, and I had to stop and set it to
read out in kilograms. I was born and raised right here in the USA, but I think
metric is the way to go now. Why not have your scale start there? And, it also
makes it easier for doctors to dose some medications if people can conveniently
report their weight to them in kilograms.

Thanks,

Paul Trusten