Has anyone found such a medical Glossary?

It's not a glossary, rather a compilation of units of measure for various medical parameters. To a very limited extent the meanings of the quantity terms are given.

What I am speaking of is a joint project now underway -- ISO/IEC 80003 (series), "Quantities for e-health" (old title: "Physiological quantities and their units"). The series comprises roughly a dozen parts. For example, Part 1 is a General standard, Part 2 pertains to Physics, etc. This is a joint project shared by ISO/TC 12 and IEC/TC 25. It is a dual-language (French and English) standard.

I am the Deputy Technical Advisor (DTA) for the US, supported by Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs). Due to this joint effort, I report (on behalf of the TA) to ANSI/ISOT (for ISO matters) and to ANSI/USNC (for IEC matters). That is, I cast the US votes through ANSI on issues that arise. I am also listed as "expert" on the associated working groups (WGs). We are a long way from completion of this effort.

Fairly clearly, the ISO/IEC 80003 series parallels the ISO/IEC 80000 series and draws extensively from it. A major intent for this project is to provide standardization for quantities and units in electronic medical records, doctor-to-doctor communications, doctor-patient-instrument interactions, etc.

Conceptually, if I were to get sick while touring in, say, Nigeria and visited an Ibo-speaking doctor, he could communicate with my doctor back here in Tennessee. His inquiries could be written in Ibo and transmitted. Upon arrival in the US that would be translated accurately and authoritatively into English by my doctor's software. My doctor's reply, with medical data and pertinent lab results would be sent to Nigeria in English but would be automatically translated accurately and authoritatively into Ibo by the Nigerian doctor's software. Making this possible is proving to be immensely complicated! Someday....

Some of what I describe above was published in Metric Today a few years ago. Please do not ask me for copies of any materials. I am prohibited from providing those.

I have not handed you a credible, existing standard, Gene. But perhaps this discourse was somewhat informative.

Jim

--
James R. Frysinger
632 Stony Point Mountain Road