The word "measurement" is an unambiguous noun.

The word "measure" is more ambiguous.  It can be a noun or a verb.

Measure can mean a container of certain capacity (volume). e.g. "I feed my
horse a measure of oats on a daily basis." or

Measure can mean *to measure* as in the statement "My nurse measures my mass in
kilograms and my height in centimeters every time just before I visit my
doctor."

Because of this distinction between the words measurement and measure, I prefer
the expression "Units of Measurement" rather that "Units of Measure" as used in
the title of the Unified Code for Units of Measure."

 Eugene Mechtly