    Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 05:37:50 +0000 (UTC)
    From: ezra.steinb...@comcast.net
 Subject: [USMA:53300] Why is Belize not mentioned as a non-metric country?
      To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>

Traditionally, the three countries listed as not using the metric system are the USA, Liberia, and Burma (Myanmar).

I just learned that Belize is also in that camp. From the Huffington Post:

Belize's court system is based on British common law, familiar to most of us. And unlike the rest of Latin America, measurements here are in inches, feet, miles, and acres -- so no metric conversions are necessary.

And from Frommer's Fast Facts:

Measurements -- English measurements are the norm in Belize, although the metric system is making slight inroads. However, it does sound like Burma and Liberia are making some moves towards metric, which I presume leaves the USA and Belize as the last die-hard holdouts!

Ezra

----- End message from ezra.steinb...@comcast.net -----