From: Martin Vlietstra [mailto:vliets...@btinternet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 03:45
To: 'Carleton MacDonald'; 'U.S. Metric Association'
Subject: RE: [USMA:53358] Re: Paul Trusten on Dram Vials

Seriously though, I think that this humorous discussion shows just how much
variation there is in a dram.  The US fluid dram is 3.7 ml while the
Apothecaries dram is 10.3 g. In the UK, the legal units of measure by which
spirits may be sold is 25 ml or 35 ml - choice of unit is the landlord's
choice, but the pub ort restaurant concerned must publicise which measure
they are using.