2013 Dec 26
I also think the math test is not useful.  I have been urging
use of SI metric since before the official name was invented.
I worked with Louis Sokol as he got USMA started and I can not
pass the test unless I look up the prefixes.  So,  do not tell
it to CGPM (or NIST). They set the official sizes and meanings
but general users decide which to use.

I have trouble with deci which comes to me in decibel.
I try not to use centimeter.  It leads to mistakes in US
manufacturing because we still use inch which is of similar
size in general life.

We need to get schools to give up teaching "conversion" and
comparison.  Go straight to SI metric, no inch-pound units while
teaching metric.

Get Congress to act.
                                Robert H. Bushnell