From: Kilopascal [mailto:kilopas...@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:28 PM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:53508] Popular Science

It can only mean that the US readership is dropping and international
membership is increasing.

I previewed a few of the articles and did notice them to be mostly metric only.
Only one I found used feet and that was in the title. The comments tend to be a
mix.

In the olden days, publications like Popular Science tended to excuse
themselves from using metric by claiming a majority of their readers wanted
USC. But, if their US readership has sharply dropped off and the majority of
new readers are from metric countries, and they have complained, then I can see
valid reason to make the switch.

I wonder if National Geographic has moved into this century or are they still
stuck in the past?

[USMA:53508] Popular Science

Michael Payne Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:36:01 -0800

Popular Science in the US used to be entirely non metric, but looking at it

today every article I’ve clicked on has been 100% metric.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-09/worlds-tallest-skyscrapers-have-insane-amount-unoccupied-space?src=related&con=outbrain&obref=obinsite

The above article on skyscrapers is interesting with heights in metres.

Mike Payne