I agree, I’ve dealt a lot with Dassault Aviation, another French aviation
company and seen many of their engineering drawings which are 100% metric, they
do add inches in Maintenance Manuals for American maintenance people. I noticed
our maintenance engineer would more easily deal with only the millmetre
dimension and not use the inch one which might be some odd decimal inch
(0,157”) or exactly 4 mm.

I think Airbus would operate the same way. Dassault systems developed the CATIA
CAD software many aircraft manufacturers use
http://www.3ds.com/products-services/catia/

I notice that Gulfstream Aviation (an American company) used the same software
to develop their new G650, it was designed in Fractional inches just like
Boeing! This has got be be a real pain in the neck, but if you’re making
something on a computer controlled device, it does not really matter.

Mike