We took delivery of our new Schwinn 270 recumbent bike two days ago. Purchasing from Amazon.com gave us a price well below MSRP. Assembly took a few hours but I did not rush it; probably I could have done it in 2 h. In a few of the steps, my wife provided a spare set of hands which was essential.

The fasteners are all metric. The console's program allows the user to select miles or kilometer in its setup sequence. (One can change it later, and old data gets converted.) Of course, I chose kilometers. I was pleasantly surprised to see, when entering user profile data, that the program then asked for height in centimeters and mass (they called it weight) in kilograms.

I would rate this machine 4.9 out of 5 stars so far. The embedded heart-rate monitor (working off contacts in the hand grips) appears to double-count the pulse. We have not yet tried the MP3 player connection, the USB data download port, or the resistance programs (varying resistance as a function of time in emulation of terrain topography). The machine is extremely quiet if the fan is off. And it is not at all noisy.

Jim

--
James R. Frysinger
632 Stoney Point Mountain Road