    Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 09:33:14 -0400
    From: Harold_Potsdamer <harold_potsda...@cox.net>
Subject: [USMA:53881] Re: There is some progress but on highways, there is
a question
      To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>

It is interesting that the pounds are twice the kilograms for the
females.  Which is the correct measured value and which is the
afterthought?

    But it is good to see that most of the metric is sensibly rounded.

    Description

    California sea lions are known for their intelligence, playfulness,
and noisy barking. Their color ranges from chocolate brown in males to a
lighter, golden brown in females. Males reach 850 pounds (390 kg) and
seven feet (2.1 m) in length. Females grow to 220 pounds (110 kg) and up
to six feet (1.8 m) in length. They have a "dog-like" face, and at
around five years of age, males develop a bony bump on top of their
skull called a sagittal crest. The top of a male's head often gets
lighter in color with age. These members of the otariid or walking seal
family have external ear flaps and large flippers that they use to
"walk" on land. The trained "seals" in zoos and aquariums are usually
California sea lions.

             FROM: Parker Willey Jr.[1]
       SENT: Sunday, 2014-05-25 00:46
       TO: U.S. Metric Association[2]
       SUBJECT: [USMA:53880] There is some progress but on highways,
there is a question

         There is some progress here: In Sprouts Farmers Market near me,
I saw bottles of olive oil for sale by the liter.   The label shows the
volume as: 1 L (1000.0 ml) No legacy measures were seen. Sprouts is a
chain in California and many western states similar to Whole Foods. On
the marine mammal center web site, the mass of the patients is given in
kg. http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/patients/current-patients/ There
was some mention about metric highway signs.  It seems like there must
be some way to speed up getting our highway signs converted to metric.
...Parker Willey Jr. San Jose, CA

----- End message from Harold_Potsdamer <harold_potsda...@cox.net> -----

Links:
------