What we need to do is get the pharmacies on board with this and get them to
produce/disseminate a series of educational signs, flyers, inserts etc. a PR
campaign at the store level to educate customers on metric dosing.   If the
campaign is targeted towards medicine and dosing safety then what consumer
could resist the message, especially if they have kids.  It be nice to see
signs and posters in every Drs office waiting room.  Maybe even a smart phone
App.

There needs to be a champion for this who can work on it full time, go after
grants and funding, lobby the drug store chains, produce and disseminate
professional designed materials.

I think everyone agrees metric dosing is the way to go and I think it would
receive wide acceptance just like the two liter coke bottle did.  I don't think
it is an issue of convince the public it's a good idea, rather one of educated
so metric dosing is common practice.

Howard Ressel
Project Design Engineer
NYSDOT