So much the better! I haven't bought incandescent bulbs in about ten years (CFLs last so much longer), so I didn't know that the lumen information had been included on those packages as well. Also, the packages show the light "warmth" in degrees Kelvin. That is very useful as my eyes want the brighter ("daylight") light to read small print.

A correction: Lumens weren't introduced for CFLs.  They have been on incandescent bulb packages for a decade or more.  Granted, they are more important for CFLs and LEDs, as the watts tell you nothing about the amount of light across technologies, but they are not recent. Remember, you are buying lumens and paying for watts to get those lumens.  An electric heater can be 1500 W and no lumens at all. -- John Steele