Another response today FYI.

----- Forwarded message from Sen Gelser <sen.saragel...@state.or.us> -----
   Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:57:32 +0000
   From: Sen Gelser <sen.saragel...@state.or.us>
Subject: RE: Senate Bill 166
     To: "cont...@metricpioneer.com" <cont...@metricpioneer.com>

 Dear David,
  Thanks so much for your letter.  I look forward to learning more when
the bill is scheduled for a hearing.

  Best wishes!

  Sara

                      Senator Sara Gelser
       Chair, Human Services and Early Childhood Committee
       (503) 986-1708
       sen.saragel...@state.or.us

-------------------------
    FROM: cont...@metricpioneer.com [cont...@metricpioneer.com]
SENT: Monday, January 19, 2015 1:59 PM
TO: Sen Gelser
SUBJECT: Senate Bill 166

     Dear Senator Sara Gelser. As a member of the Education Committee and
Assistant Democratic Leader, please consider the importance of this
statewide legislation because your decisions today have a tremendous affect
on many future generations in Oregon. I urge you to support SB 166 for
several reasons, including the following: There are very strong economic
and scientific reasons for Oregon to adopt the International System of
Units (SI). The cost of not using the SI is increasing with the trend
toward globalization. Failing to adopt the SI could result in the United
States losing its competitive edge in science and technology and in
continuing to create bilateral trade impediments with other countries. The
cost of adopting the SI would be quickly recovered by the economic benefits
of global interoperability; and this is particularly important as the
dominance of United States companies is being challenged in the competitive
atmosphere of globalization. Adopting the SI would likely result in the
creation of many jobs and better prepare the current and future workforce
of the United States to work in the international marketplace. Hawaii has
similar legislation pending (HB36). Oregon pioneered the Bottle Bill and
now several states benefit from that effort; so please consider supporting
SB 166 so that Oregon will continue to lead the way with good ideas for our
great nation. Please contact me about this important statewide legislation
for Oregon. David Pearl www.MetricPioneer.com 503-428-4917

----- End forwarded message -----