From: phy...@msn.com
To: usma@colostate.edu
Subject: [USMA:54662] Re: Adoption of the metric system in medicine
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:10:21 -0700

Absolutely L/km makes sense.  Also, it is already in use this way. John Altounji
One size does not fit all.
Social promotion ruined Education.http://bit.do/tounj From:
owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf Of Michael
Payne
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 8:27 AM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:54661] Re: Adoption of the metric system in medicine The benefit
of having litres per hundred kilometres is that people use litres and
kilometres. You can also multiply the L/100km by the price of fuel and figure
out how much it cost per 100 km or per km. Another benefit with my electric car
is that it give me kWh/100km, this allows me to compare the cost of running the
electric vehicle compared to the cost of an internal combustion engine. My cost
of electricity is about 15 c/kWh including all taxes, etc., therefore at 15,2
kWh per 100 km it cost me about €2,28 per 100 km in electricity, whereas my
other vehicle gets about 7 L/100 km at €1,395 per litre, it costs 7 x 1,359 or
€9,765 for the same distance! A remarkable difference. Mike Payne