I've been ignoring the list because I've been busy with other things, such as
surveying land. After sticking traverse nails all over the parcel of land,
last week I completed a small traverse with a 78 mm misclosure and figured out
that my pole is out of kilter.

I am now in Germany meeting someone I know from the Internet. Several days ago
in my neck of the woods in North Carolina, the forecast was 95 mm of rain. I
mentioned this to her; she told me about a recent flood in France which was
some large number of liters per square meter. She did not know that a liter
per square meter is a millimeter. So I explained that you slice a liter (which
she had trouble imagining) into 100 slices and spread them over a square
meter.

Pierre
--
The Black Garden on the Mountain is not on the Black Mountain.