Mike,

In the US, propane and liquid petroleum are sold by mass (temperature
independent), not by volume (depends on temperature).
Hydrogen will probably continue to be sold as a compressed gas, unless better
solvents of H are found.
Some hydrogen fuel-cell compressed-gas automobiles are already on the market.

Gene.