It's 300 km/h. Another bad case of rounding off the miles, then
back-converting.
Carleton

----- Original Message -----

From: "Martin Vlietstra" <vliets...@btinternet.com>
To: "Carleton" <carlet...@comcast.net>, "Paul Trusten" <trus...@grandecom.net>,
"Goodyear Peter" <USMA@colostate.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:18:14 AM
Subject: RE: [USMA 119] Re: the liter leads at Market Street stores

The Eurostar which runs between London and Paris also London to Brussels is
often advertised as having a top speed of "186 mph or 299 km/h" (a very odd
design specification).  Possibly 300 km/h?

Costco have been misbehaving in the United Kingdom - I saw a one litre bottle
of olive oil advertised as "1 litre, 1 quart and 1.8 floz".    The British pint
and quart are larger than the US quart and pint,. So this is a blatant case of
mis-labeling.

Martin