Metric connection? Oh, the totality path would have been about 110 km wide, and the moon's shadow moves about 1500 km/h. I am an eclipse chaser, of course. No offense intended to anyone, please, and enjoy all of April 1.

On 4/1/16 034:34, Harry Wyeth wrote:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        2017 eclipse CANCELLED (maybe)!
Date:   Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:39:03 -0700
From:   Harry Wyeth <hbwy...@gmail.com>

I am so sorry to start the month off with bad news, but the August 2017 total solar eclipse--including, of course, its path through Idaho-- may be cancelled. Donald Trump and the Republican party have decided that it would be too expensive, would interfere with the property rights of ranchers and farmers whose animals would be exposed to darkness during the daytime, and would do nothing to pay down the national debt or balance the budget, much less "make America great again".

It is possible that the eclipse will take place overseas, but it may be cancelled in the United States--depending on the election, of course. I do feel badly bringing you this upsetting news. It is not a good way to start April.

Feel free to let me know about questions or comments.

HARRY