I have been sending out tweets about World Metrology today to help alert
more Americans. Maybe some on the list server can help out?
Below is my tweet, but you are free to do as you choose:

Celebrate World Metrology Day, May 20, 2016. Consider how easy the Metric
System is compared to the inch-pound system.