Charles, Could have been. But it was before before 1990, maybe 1980. I was
driven from Dublin westwards. An hour. Forgot the name of the town. But I
told the story many times in those "metric" days and so it is doubtful that
I made it up.

To my roundabout story at the Bourne bridge, I forgot to demonstrate one
the advantages of the circle situation. When the truck barreled into it,
all the cars everywhere were in motion - thus dispersing from the
roundabout instantly, on their own; no police needed to direct the traffic,
to overrun traffic lights, no dwelling in a dangerous situation.
Stan J.