I renewed my membership in the NCWM for 2017.

Don Onwiler, Executive Director, invites NCWM
“Members and Stockholders” to submit proposals
to amend NIST Handbooks 44, 130, and 133, before
September 16 by Form 15, for regional consideration.

As you may recall, I have for years faulted the NCWM-NIST
Handbooks for entangling US Customary Units with SI Units
of measurement in this series of Handbooks.

Although an amended FPLA does not yet permit SI-only
labeling of many consumer products,  the time is long
past for the clean separation of non-SI from SI units
of measurement in the NCWM-NIST Handbooks.

I plan to submit a proposal to Don Onwiler to proceed
with this separation is future editions of the Handbooks.

Eugene Mechtly