On 4/13/08, Brian Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nathan wrote:
> > BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING do yourself a a favor and copy the entire
> > flash drive contents to a file.  And then make a copy of that file.
> > Then you'll always have something you can do forensics on.  :)
> >
> > dd if=/dev/sdc of=somefile
>
> Why not use testdisk?  I used it on the wrecked partition of a USB external
> hard drive and it got all the files off lickity split.
> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

While waiting for the wisdom to come down from on high,  I found
testdisk.  Worked like a champ.

Durring the deep scan it found the superblock in the middle of the
drive and was able to re-create the partition table with no loss of
data.   Another tool to add to my utility belt.  (It's little tools
like this that make us look like super heros.)

--
   ~ Mark
         Gardner ~