Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 06:13:29 -0800
From: Rik & Susan Beeson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [VACList] Motorhome engine replacement

My feelings EXACTLY. Now I just need to find a trustworthy mechanic/shop
to work on it...

Best regards,

Rik

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:22:26 -0500
From: "Scott Scheuermann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [VACList] 1964 Land Yacht Overlander

Most likely the axles are getting weak after 38 years. Rubber only lasts so
long. Even though they can be expensive I would not pass on the trailer for
that reason.

Start with the major mechanicals first. Check the frame, axles (others can
tell you what to look for with the axle), seal any leaks, repair the floor
(epoxy or replacement). Then have fun!

Scott