Hi,
 If certain instructions are not detected through configure process, does
that imply that a valgrind build will not be configured to handle these
instructions (i.e. fail at runtime)?

I have a system where my host nodes are somewhat different from my target
nodes (where the valgrind package will run) and I'm running into unhandled
instructions when running applications. I don't know if these instructions
are not supported because configure doesn't detect them during configure, or
if they truly are not - implemented?
Certain instructions that are not detected are AVX2 and BMI1/2, BUT, I'm not
sure if these are the culprits of unhandled instructions. I think I saw a
patch committed that handles these instructions.

checking if x86/amd64 assembler speaks AVX2... no
checking if x86/amd64 assembler speaks BMI1 and BMI2... no

I'm positive that my target node has them (AMD bulldozer/piledriver). But
again, if I try to compile the code snippets generated during ./configure
process it exits with the same error.

So this leaves me even more confused: is this a compiler/assembler issue (am
I missing a flag?), or an architecture issue.

Moreover, I don't really know which instructions are causing it to fail, how
do I check?
The line I get is:

21 vex amd64->IR: unhandled instruction bytes: 0xC4 0xE3 0xF1 0x6B 0x15 0x12
0x4 0x0
22 vex amd64->IR:   REX=0 REX.W=1 REX.R=0 REX.X=0 REX.B=0
23 vex amd64->IR:   VEX=1 VEX.L=0 VEX.nVVVV=0x1 ESC=0F3A
24 vex amd64->IR:   PFX.66=1 PFX.F2=0 PFX.F3=0
25 3=0

Can anyone clarify?

P.S.
  If you need more clarification regarding my system/compiler/os let me
know.
For what it's worth, it's a cray system composed of bulldozer/piledriver
CPUs, and the OS is cray CNL.