Hello,

I've successfully install valgrind for android (eventually), and it works when
I try it with a command in the adb shell. However, I thought that valgrind
could be used to debug NDK android apps. Am I mistaken?

I tried to follow what I read here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9123124/how-to-start-an-android-app-with-valgrind

However I could not get it to work. I tried:

setprop wrap.com.matthewmitchell.wakeifyplus "logwrapper /data/local/valgrind"

But it says "could not set property". I'm not sure what adding "wrap." to the
beginning of a package name is supposed to do if anything. Instead I tried:

setprop com.matthewmitchell.wakeifyplus "logwrapper /data/local/valgrind"

With the shell script:

#!/system/bin/sh

VGPARAMS
='--error-limit=no'
export TMPDIR=/data/data/com.matthewmitchell.
wakeifyplus

exec /data/local/Inst/bin/valgrind $VGPARAMS $*

But when I run:

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n
com.matthewmitchell.wakeifyplus/.MainActivity

nothing shows up in log cat. It doesn't seem as if valgrind is running. So my
question is, how do you get valgrind to work with Android apps, if you can at
all?

Thanks,

Matthew