Hi All,
   I am trying to run valgrind on a target which is ppc32 and it has wind
river linux.
   I am successful in getting the valgrind related files and when I run
valgrind, I am getting the following issue.
   Could somebody help me.

     root@lc1:/lc/isan/valgrind-3.8.1/bin# valgrind
/isan/bin/port_client(image on the target)
==3536== Memcheck, a memory error detector
==3536== Copyright (C) 2002-2012, and GNU GPL'd, by Julian Seward et al.
==3536== Using Valgrind-3.8.1 and LibVEX; rerun with -h for copyright info
==3536== Command: /isan/bin/port_client
==3536==

valgrind:  Fatal error at startup: a function redirection
valgrind:  which is mandatory for this platform-tool combination
valgrind:  cannot be set up.  Details of the redirection are:
valgrind:
valgrind:  A must-be-redirected function
valgrind:  whose name matches the pattern:      strlen
valgrind:  in an object with soname matching:   ld.so.1
valgrind:  was not found whilst processing
valgrind:  symbols from the object with soname: ld.so.1
valgrind:
valgrind:  Possible fixes: (1, short term): install glibc's debuginfo
valgrind:  package on this machine.  (2, longer term): ask the packagers
valgrind:  for your Linux distribution to please in future ship a non-
valgrind:  stripped ld.so (or whatever the dynamic linker .so is called)
valgrind:  that exports the above-named function using the standard
valgrind:  calling conventions for this platform.  The package you need
valgrind:  to install for fix (1) is called
valgrind:
valgrind:    On Debian, Ubuntu:                 libc6-dbg
valgrind:    On SuSE, openSuSE, Fedora, RHEL:   glibc-debuginfo
valgrind:
valgrind:  Cannot continue -- exiting now.  Sorry.

Thanks and Regards,
Bhaskararao V
Work : +1 408 525 7147
Cell : +1 510 598 5928