Sigh, I keep going back to the engineering, and you keep personalizing
the matter and returning to your lies.

I never insulted any of you.  You're personalizing the matter, and
attempting to somehow equate my bug reports with personal criticism
towards the developers.

You're wrong about the majority of sites being accelerated by Varnish.
Almost no modern site works without cookies -- hence, almost no modern
site is cached according to Varnish default policies.  You have not
provided a single counterexample or a single snippet of VCL that could
solve the problems I have, or a single snippet of VCL that you guys are
actually using on production servers.

I can admit that I'm considerably less capable than you, after all I
didn't write Varnish whereas you *did*.  However, I'm considerably less
stupid than you would have me be.  Here I am, finding a real problem in
the real-life world -- and here you are, dismissing the problem like
you're the owner of the universe and the truth, just because YOU chose
to interpret my e-mails as direct criticism of YOU.

Want direct criticism and harsh words to match your interpretations?
Well, here they go, try and eat it with a side dish:

YOU're a rude thick-headed and thin-skinned individual who hasn't taken
a single minute out of his blame-me routine to actually HELP.  You're
carrying your heart on your sleeve.  Grow up, stop acting like a prima
donna, and understand that careless engineering and glib remarks aren't
gonna be tolerated by your users, no matter how cool you think you are
or how open-source-you're-free-not-to-use-us your project may be.

This discussion has been absolutely useless.

(Suggestion: perhaps you want to add me to your killfile like your
partner did; otherwise you could conceivably receive more "insults and
swears" may get to your inbox.)

On lun, 2007-07-02 at 07:29 +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > But my data seems to contradict your assumption that my assumptions are
> > flawed, since for each request on my Varnish log, there's a matching
> > request on my Apache log.
>
> You assume that your site is typical of those that use Varnish.  You
> assume that we developed Varnish without any reference to real-life
> sites, applications and users.  You assume that you are infinintely
> smarter and wiser than us, and that because of this, insulting us and
> swearing at us will make us realize the error of our ways and embrace
> your interpretation of reality.  All of these assumptions are incorrect.
>
> DES
        Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        The R Zone - http://rudd-o.com/
        GPG key ID 0xC8D28B92 at http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/

Now playing, courtesy of Amarok: Q:     How many IBM CPU's does it take to do a
logical right shift?
A:      33.  1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.