On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 5:57 PM, David Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> There are *very* few sites left that require IE - the difference between
> different versions of IE is so big that it is extremely difficult to
> make a website that works with both IE6 and IE7 and yet fails to work
> with Webkit, Firefox and Opera.  (Opera is particularly good for
> imitating IE to fool websites - so much so that most website counters
> miscount Opera users as IE users.)  The only common exception is
> corporate websites that use ActiveX.

Not my experience. Argentina's tax office for instance has one section (not
the whole site) coded in such a way that when you click on a menu option,
it  opens a pop-up window, which appears as "blank" (in its title bar) then
somehow automagically sends the destination URL to that "child" pop-up
window. Well, that works on IE, but not on Mozilla based browser, and not on
Opera. It doesn't matter if  you fake the user-agent, it just doesn't work
(on non-IE browser, it opens the pop-up window, but stays with "Blank" in
its title bar, the destination content URL never loads.

FC