On 03/04/2010 06:36 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> for
>> >
>> > If that does mean the list will get indexed into a third party site
>> > and the list will get spammed to death, then I´d vote no.
>> >
>> > But I´m not sure what gmane.org is so I´m only assuming things. And
>> > I´m too lazy to check right now....
>> >
>> > FCUmmm...
>>
>> http://gmane.org/
>> http://gmane.org/find.php?list=virtualbox
>> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.general
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/vbox-users@virtualbox.org/
>>

> OK, looks safe enough. DONE

> sent to the Gmane administrators."
>
> I selected the name
> gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.community
>
> Sounds like a spam-safe service, all email addresses are scrambled or
> removed.
>
> You should be happy now. :)
> FC

Thanks & look forward to it's activation. However, I noticed on the new
list this post:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Claudius Hubig <nfs_2...@chubig.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> am I right in assuming that nobody filled out a Gmane-subscription
>> yet? If this is correct and nobody on this list complains loudly that
>> it should not be exposed to the Usenet, I'd do so within the next few
>> days, since I for myself usually fer the news:-interface rather
>> than plain mail :)
>>
>> Also, thanks to those who set up this "new" list, esp. Fernando!
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Claudius
>>

> Thanks Claudius,
>
> And Yes, I´ve filled a GMane subscription. It´s pending activation. This
> would allow those who want to read this list from a newsgroup reader. BUT
> this is not the same as "exposing the list to newsgroups". All email
> addresses are removed (or actually, masked, replaced with something
> e...@gmane, at least that´s my understanding by reading the GMane-FAQ).
>
> However, I´ve set it up to DISABLE postring from NNTP, so you´d still have
> to send an e-mail to the list address to ask questions.
>
> FC

That last pretty much defeats the purpose of using gmane.org. The
purpose of using gmane.org is so that you needn't use email to review or
post, and instead use nntp. Anyone can "view" the new list via:
If one has to subscribe to the list directly (rather than using the
gmane.org subscription process), they might as well just use email.

The purpose of gmane.org & nntp is so that you aren't flooded with
emails. I actively participate in over 10 high traffic mail lists daily.
If I didn't use nntp, my inbox(s) would become quite unmanageable.
Please reconsider enabling posting from nntp w/gmane.org.