On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Alexey Eremenko <al4...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree with you Alexey. Lew said:

> There's an excellent chance that if Oracle spits out VirtualBox it
> > will dry up and blow away.

There´s also a statistical chance of a big meteor hitting the Earth, or a
major earthuqake like the one which recently hit Chile striking Silicon
Valley and reducing Oracle and many California based tech firms to rubble.
Should we begin talking about what will happen to Oracle after California is
hit by a major earthquake?. Don´t think so. Well, we can, but it´s of little
value. Only scares people away.

Forking only occur as a measure of last resort (after bad things
> happen), or if there are disagreement between core developers for the
> future direction of the project.
>
> --
> -Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"

Those posts going like "OMG what will happen to us after Oracle bought this
firm" only serve to install doubt into the minds of prospective new users.
NOTHING coming from Oracle indicates that they want to "get rid" of the
product, it´s only in a few people´s imagination.

It´s like boarding a plane and start "well, what will happen now that this
airline has been bought by another larger one? do you think they have had
enough money to give this plane proper maintenance? Will this airline
continue flying? I don´t think so. Look at their numbers... in fact, if this
plane crashes, ...."

It´s useless talk that only helps scare people away...
FC