Hi Peter

I was half way through writing a very same message.

I'm running the same on FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE,
and experience the same problem. Interesting
things to note are that I'm
- not getting this problem for shell a/c users
- getting this problem for virtual users, regardless of whether
   I use mysql or normal storage.

I'm also getting this problem on all versions from 3.4.11-2

At 16:20 20/07/2000 +0000, Peter Hunter wrote:
>The error in maillog reads:    vchkpw: No user found
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

hum, from reading the code, it would appear that
this error occurs when checking to see if they are real users [1]

- so, they have not been identified as vpopmail users.

- why, I'm not sure. I'd like to use mysql for my authentication
and it would be quite helpful to get a log of all the sql executed
against the database. However,  can't quite see how to do that.

- where in either vmysql.c or vchkpwd.c is the actual
authentication code?

any clues welcome ken!

peter

[1] note that the checking of real users works, so the vpopmail
stuff is executing as a valid passwd-readable user id.

--
peter at gradwell dot com; online @ http://www.gradwell.com/