Hello,

I have a question, which I hope is simple enough.

If my domain is MYDOMAIN.NET and my machinename that qmail is running on
is QMAIL, then when I set vpopmail up, I have a

   ~vpopmail/users/

directory.  I then go and add the MYDOMAIN.NET with the vadddomain
command, and now I also have

   ~vpopmail/domains/mydomain.net

as a directory.  On the advice of another qmail/vpopmail user, I set up a
link from the users directory to the mydomain.net directory, so the local
mail and the domain mail is the same

 # cd ~vpopmail
 # mv users users.bak
 # ln -s domains/mydomain.net users

However, since I am still setting up and configuring this machine
(qmail.mydomain.net), the MX record for my domain still points to another
server running sendmail, so to get email here, I have to address the email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED], which of course doesn't exist.  So, I
then created another link from that domain back to the main domain

  # cd ~vpopmail/domains
  # ln -s mydomain.net qmail.mydomain.net

And all seems well.

My quesion(s) are this:

1) Is this linking ok to do?  Am I causing some unknown problem that I
will regret later?

2) If not, how can I define the "default" domain to be
"qmail.mydomain.net" so if it gets email for a user there,
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" it knows to stick it in the
"users" directory and not the domains/qmail.mydomain.net

Can I do this, and, do I want to?

Any advice or experience would be most appreciated!  Thanks!

--Val
[EMAIL PROTECTED]