Sonic wrote:

> I have found some logic on my problem with vchkpw and qmail-smtpd-auth:
>
> (my problem is that, the smtp-auth login doesn't run with vpopmail/vchkpw).
>
> If I use checkpassword as checker, it runs OK (only with system accounts, I
> think).
>
> If I use vchkpw, it fails.
>
> I have followed all the steps from smtpd-auth FAQ, but it refuses to run
> properly. Also, there is permissions for reading all the directories and
> files, or I think so.
>
> anybody have any idea of what's happening ?
>
> (please excuse my poor english I read english source code perfect, but I
> write it in spanish, and so I don't write english very often.) O:-)

it runs for me. Run tcpserver with -u vpopmailuid -g vpopmailgid

Here is my init script line..
# for smtp auth
#    env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
#   tcpserver -H -R -x /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c100 \
#   -uvpopmailuid -gvpopmailgid 0 smtp \
#   /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true \
#   2>&1 > /dev/null &

Works.

Ken Jones