On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 13:19, Tunc Gunergun wrote:
> i think there is a problem with smtp-auth`s new version (0.31) ???? Version
> 0.30 is working very well. Has anybody tried the new version (0.31)?

Yes, actuall, I'm having a problem with 0.31, but I don't know if it's
due to this patch or something else.

I've rebuilt bruceg's qmail RPM ( http://untroubled.org/qmail+patches/ )
and have updated it to use 0.31, but it appears that it's accepting mail
even when prompted for the required username and password, you give it
fudged values, i.e. a user account and passwd that I _know_ are invalid.

It happily accepts these and sends out this mail -- not quite the sort
of authentication I'd like :)

Are you also seeing this behaviour with 0.31?

Bill