What would be the best syntax to have in the .qmail-default file to just filter the emails for the domain through spamassassin?

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 01:29 PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:

My my, so many questions :)

I'm going to answer them all in one email to reduce the noise on the list.

1 - Not easy to run it on a per user basis but you can by running it in
their own .qmail file in their directory. You could do it manually, or hack
qmailadmin to add the code itself to the .qmail file.

2 - No, it currently doesn't work in conjunction with qmailadmin. If the
administrator of the domain changes the catch-all options it would get over
written. I'll look into patching qmail to give the admin the option of
adding it or someone else can. I'm kinda busy with other stuff right now,
so a patch to qmailadmin is near the bottom of my list.

3 - I use spamc -F -u $EXT@$HOST to call spamassassin. That makes spamd
look at a MySQL database for user preferences to over ride the default. We
currently set required_hits to 30 by default and allow the user to turn on
better filtering if the so desire by a web page using phpsa.php. That can
be found at http://www.spamassassin.org/devel/

Nothing really tricky to it.

For those who wish, my exact syntax in the qmail-default file is

| preline /usr/bin/spamc -f -u $EXT@$HOST | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail
'' bounce-no-mailbox

Regards to all,

Rick